Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Food Stamp Program is now called Supplemental Assistance Program or SNAP. The SNAP program is a nutrition assistance program that changes lives and helps communities.
- SNAP is an entitlement program
- You can use SNAP benefits at farmer’s markets
- You can purchase seeds and seedlings with SNAP
- You can use manufacturer’s coupons with your SNAP benefits
SNAP is a federally funded program administered by Wayne County Department of Social Services for the United States Department of Agriculture. The goal of the program is to provide a higher level of nutrition to income eligible individuals and families by enhancing their ability to purchase healthy food.
You can file for SNAP benefits by:
- Calling 315-946-7603
- Visiting the New York State mybenefits web site at https://mybenefits.ny.gov
There you will find information on programming, eligibility and printable applications in several languages.